View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 01:32 PM   #57
Breeder
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
I would like to try it on the side while still have my normal Reaper settings so I can try it out without messing with my configurations.

I used Housofwhitetie and didn't like it and went back to my normal routine. Can I do the same without lots of changes?
The route I recommend in the user guide is using portable installation.

Another way might be to simply copy the included scripts to REAPER scripts folder and then import keymap and menu sets from REAPER ReWorked - I didn't try this approach so I have no idea if there are any roadblocks, but in theory, it should work.

You can find REAPER ReWorked and KeyMaps in these folders:

KeyMaps\REAPER ReWorked Keymap.ReaperKeyMap
MenuSets\REAPER ReWorked Menu and Toolbar Set.ReaperMenuSet

So you would copy the whole folder 'Scripts' to REAPER resource folder and then import these two files through REAPER itself. And of course, make sure to backup all your REAPER folders before doing this.

edit:
I thought about this more so here's the addendum to this answer:

REAPER ReWorked has been in the works for years and it has all sorts of goodies that are connected with each other to create one complete whole. To separate them would be troublesome to say the least.

Just importing menus, keysets and scripts isn't enough. You would miss custom screensets which are tuned to work with 8 themes that come pre-installed and are also modified so they all preserve various layouts through changes. Also, REAPER ReWorked uses a few custom JS effects to run some stuff like BPM Calculator, Sequencer (and that sequencer also uses special MCP layouts that are the same for every of 8 pre-installed themes) etc. Then there are startup actions and SWS cycle actions that are needed to make stuff work. And a bunch of other stuff I probably forgot.

Last edited by Breeder; 11-03-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote