View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 10:36 AM   #4
prezbass
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Willis View Post

I'm just about ready to make an official v1.0.0 release, I just need some folks to test it on a variety of platforms and to let me know if they experience any bugs.

Michael- I'm gonna confess- I saw "another reverb plugin" and immediately and instinctively yawned at the idea, but thought I'd give it a try and not expect too much.

WAS. I. WRONG.

This thing sounds fantastic!!! I don't think I have another verb that does what this does- very, very nice sounding and super natural.

One thing, tho- while it is very cool to have control over the early and late reflections in the fashion that you have, it is a little "different" when you consider where the "dry" control is. (Took me a minute to figure out what needed to happen there) Not a terribly off-putting thing, but I was thinking that since this is a pretty different reverb, what would you say to a "buss mode" switch that bypassed (and removed from view) the dry control? I don't think I've ever seen such a thing in a verb plugin before. The reason I mention it is that many of the older (ahem) "analog crowd" almost always use an FX buss for verbs like this, and when you put it onto a buss with a dry signal and almost no verb, the initial reaction is "that's not what I wanted" - and the fiddling around begins. If there were a "buss mode" that just turned off the dry signal and left the early/late reflections in, then it immediately starts acting the correct way, and dialing in the verb becomes less of a hassle.

At any rate- you're on to something here, and I'm about as jaded as they come when it comes to plugins and especially reverbs.
prezbass is offline   Reply With Quote