View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 11:24 PM   #47
Softsynth
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae.Thomas View Post
I thought he was referring to a muse song
Yes, that's another possibility. Death by Space Rock, and the OP did mention the M1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
I think the military would still use a customized version of Reaper to control radar/sonar and stuff like that or perhaps some reasctipt that can decipher encrypted enemy communication.

On a more serious note, Justin and schwa can’t continue forever developing Reaper. Who knows if someone else will continue at that point and if the outcome will be well received by users.
And if nobody continues, eventually it won’t run on newer OSes and slowly fade away with old computers.
It might also become open source if Justin and schwa decide to retire and also in that case, who knows what people would transform it into..
Everything dies eventually. Back to the M1 (this time the CPU kind) I wonder if these affordable, powerful RISC processors are going to do for Intel and AMD (or at least their dominance in the domestic market) if they don't jump onboard. A lower cost, lower power consumption higher performance socket format upgradeable RISC processor line is surely needed as an alternative to x86 derivatives, along with direct equivalents. Price wise can this be done competitively in the US?, or is this the beginning of the move to China of the CPU market too?
Silicon valley, Motor City..

Last edited by Softsynth; 09-27-2021 at 11:44 PM.
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote