View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 11:24 AM   #597
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
white tie

Full strength colours are great and wouldn't want to loose them.

I mentioned before but surely having some type of physical difference happen to selected items/tracks would be the way forward and this would need the devs involved.
No need, I can do it. Note that selected state is also a condition in the TCP script. There's plenty I can do, I just haven't done it yet

The problems that stem from full strength colors are many and difficult, I can't promise they're going to stay. I'll do my best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
Regarding the newest script:
I take no issue with removing the sizes from the script because you can switch it from the layouts menu BUT, I did think there was a possibility that the script would replace the need for layouts in general.
The thing is, as far as Reaper is concerned its all just layouts. That's how the new HiDPI business does it work. The script could perhaps simplify, or clarify, how this all happens, but ultimately its always going to be saying to Reaper "...and then load this layout".

And by extension, if it fails to simplify or clarify, but merely adds a new layer of "what?" then it is, to use a technical term, poo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
They don’t need to see volume, pan, mute, solo and fx?
Maybe not, for certain layouts. Maybe not if the mixer is visible. These decisions are new, we're making them for the first time, its going to take a lot of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
For instance, I think the pan knob should go after the fader and before the Track FX. I don't think he can do that.
Yeah, I can totally do that already. But talk me into why I would do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Ahh yeah, that "only show if record is armed" thing really makes sense! I wasn't exactly sure what you were asking before that Kenny, but that sounds like it would really clean things up. And maybe get us usable meters back
Have you seen that you can resize the meters using the script?