Thread: Arranger Track
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 01:30 PM   #45
ivansc
Human being with feelings

I gave up on this whole thing years ago.

I think the things that have been suggested here are like many other failed FRs.
Unless the *folks reading about them REALLY get how it works, they are not going to see the true significance of what is being requested,

For my specific needs, it would cut down track authoring time to a tiny fraction of the plodding thing that it is currently, but convincing the *devs to actually look seriously at it seems to be more than I am able to do...

EDIT: Just went and watched a video or two on the Cubase arranger track and even that is a pale imitation of how Bars n Pipes Pro does it!
Maybe I am asking too much.

In BPP you have a row along the top of the tcp where you can select a certain area and call it, for instance, into, then another and call it verse, another as chorus.
When you open the arranger, it shows every track you have as a single square block for every bar. To create an arrangement, you simply select (lasso) the "intro" area and paste it into the arranger. The intro now shows up as a vertical line of blocks, one for each instrument track, and of course its width is however many bars your intro covers. Do the same with verses chorus etc and then it is a case of copy and paste IN THE ARRANGER to build your whole composition. Once I have ONE verse and ONE chorus I can usually build a whole song in under thirty seconds using this method. Plus of course you can duck in and out any instruments you don't need in one particular iteration of a section.
Why cant we have something like that? Takes seconds to change your mind and//or try different running order of the clips, too.

Last edited by ivansc; 11-29-2016 at 01:40 PM.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote