View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 01:11 AM   #20
Airal
Banned

I'm sorry, you are simply wrong

1. You claim that it will bloat the program. You do not know that and in fact it won't. It is a few lines of code out of the hundreds of thousands of lines that already exist.

2. You apply a generic answer the shoot down all the specifics. If your logic were to hold then EVERY feature reaper has should be handed by plugins. Reaper would be useless by then.

You do not argue on the merits or faults of the specific feature but just paint a very broad argument that is ultimately irrelevant and ignorant(has no basis in fact since it is a hypothetical and goes against known facts).

3. You are argue from the fear based reactions to change rather than analyzing the change for what it is and what it does. You are simply one of those people(one of almost all) that have gut reactions to change and then put up any barrier to prevent it. This is an innate evolutionary trait that you haven't learned to accept or control.

4. Let's suppose that the feature I suggested ALONE causes reaper to bloat by 100%. So! Whipty do, what is your point? Is "bloated" software in and of itself bad? Only if the bloat has no purpose or usefulness. If all the boat is actually useful features then is it really bloat? After all, 640kb is enough for anyone! With your logic, every thing since is just bloat. We should be typing on typewriters because that is probably the leanest form of "computing". But why stop there? what ist he point of typewriters they are "bloated"(heavy). We should use smoke signals to communicate because smoke is very light and hence, not bloated?!?!

5. You claim that it should be done in a library/plugin. WELL, it can't. So, again, what is your point? If you are going to take this stance, then you should be pushing for reaper to have a well defined and systematic way for users to implement any feature they want in any way directly. e.g., if I wanted feature X all I have to do is write some code and insert it in to reaper. Sure, reaper kinda has this, but it doesn't really. It just has it more so than most DAWs.

Please, if you are going to resist change, at least have a good reason for it instead of just trying to be a hurdle for the sake of having someone jump over you. At least that way, the problem can actually get solved.

BTW, I'm not trying to be an ass. Just trying to get you to see the error of your ways I could go and try to explain it all but I think if you think about how humans progress(and assuming you think that is a good thing), you'll see that it always starts with "bloat"... so don't fear the "bloat".

Last edited by Airal; 06-12-2017 at 02:21 AM.
Airal is offline   Reply With Quote