View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 11:12 AM   #40
michael diemer
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
personal opinion, do not shoot me:
Since day one I tried to use Soundcloud, I hated it and never touched it again, except for some others people uploads there.

Even last.fm had (and probably still has) a better and nice structure but haven't used it either as well for at least three years, so most likely things have been changed there... and I would predict - for worse.

The concept of... how should I put it... """EQUAL""" access to sound distributing platforms online is great (bandcamp, spotify, deezer, patreon, last.fm, soundcloud, mayspace, even facebook) is great, yet at the same time - bad implemented and integrated. I have only found using bandcamp in its full entirety: listen to music, buying music, etc. and have little to no complaints at all.

The majority of those online platforms support themselves by showing adverts and shit taking into account views, visited pages, etc. - hence none cares about the music as long as it generates views for the pages got seen.

Let's say I want to find new, cool, fresh, modern, talented artist. I would try narrow it down to:
· genre of music (arbitrary)
· sub-genres would take me deep into search and could take hours (?) till I find "something similar to X" but new and fresh.
· that is why most advertisers sponsor specific artists in a first place, guided by the same people who create those artists for that specific reason - adverts!

In my country we have this saying:
"Money attracts money! Big money always attract small money."

You could be able to create "the next Spotify or Netflix if you've got big money in a first place". Or be nobody but chosen to be the next "advert" for the masses. Not to mention the algorithms some of those sites like YouTube, Spotify use to offer you waht to watch or hear... it is bullshit!
Wise beyond his years.
michael diemer is offline   Reply With Quote