View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 10:41 PM   #27
marcosdipaolo
Human being with feelings

ok!

Hi all!!

It took a while but i can say I'm using Reaper as a host and Sibelius rewiring all midi data into my midi tracks in Reaper and triggering pretty nicely my orchestral modules in Kontakt 5.

Intructions where helpful, even though i mixed a bit of them with a bit of instinct.

First of all I'm using loopMIDI as you advice in the tutorial, i like it more that LoopBe30, very nice and I succesfully disable all those loopMIDI tracks as inputs in Sibelius since i was getting lotta feedback.

I gotta say that the rewire track in reaper has no use to me. I only keep starting sibelius in rewire mode to sync playback just in case i want to record audio in reaper later. But if i wanted only to play in reaper what i wrote in sibelius i could start Sibelius even in normal mode and that would be ok.

There is only one thing I haven't figured out yet.

I would like to edit the tempo track in reaper, so, as a host, send that tempo information to sibelius so it plays along and sends the midi to reaper on time.
When i try it Sibelius start messing around with the tempo.
I had tempo 80 in Reaper and tempo 80 in Sibelius, all good.
But..., when i tell reaper that in a certain bar i want tempo to go from 80 to 100 gradually, then Sibelius doesn't get it. For the contrary, that bar instead of faster it goes steadily slower and I don't konw how to fix that. If there is some rewiring setting somewhere regarding variable tempo track either in Sibelius or Reaper.

Thanks a lot bud!

Edit:

i found it!!

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=83456

Last edited by marcosdipaolo; 11-24-2015 at 10:50 PM.
marcosdipaolo is offline   Reply With Quote