View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 12:41 PM   #85
minerman
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
I think that script would have been helpful to me when playing on keys or pads. But I feel pretty good about dynamics on this kit so far. I think it could be useful later for better dialing in velocity settings on kit pieces, though.

Also, I usually say that I'm not a drummer. But I'm dropping that excuse. I'm not a good drummer, yet.
It's all good dude, I openly say I'm not a drummer, I'm learning & have improved a lot, but I still don't consider myself a drummer...

As long as you're happy with your kit, that's all that matters dude...The thing that I really like about the script/plugin is I can monitor in real-time how I'm playing...It's a big help for me, & I get it that you feel you don't need it, IMO, you're one up (probably much, much more) on me & my playing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred garvin View Post
Minerman: Dude, awesome! And so another guy with extensive drum sampler experience: So what's -your- fav and why?
Superior Drummer 3...The ease of use for me is the main reason, & I think it sounds good too...I've slowly transitioned all my unfinished projects to use it exclusively because it's just easy to use for me...In my experience with drum vsti's, they all have strengths & weaknesses...You'll need to roll up your sleeves & dig into the features of them all in order to make your own judgement on them though...

I don't wanna de-rail brainwreck's thread, because me describing what I like or don't like about a particular drum vsti could be really long...
minerman is offline   Reply With Quote