View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
drew
Mobile

Vegas EDL (*.TXT): Supported Natively as pipelineaudio says, but with room to add support for a few more parameters.

There are some things REAPER currently doesn't read.. I guess mainly because the functionality was added to REAPER after the txt EDL import support!

"Locked" should be read as item lock.
"Mute" should be read as item mute.
If "LockPitch"==TRUE in the Vegas EDL, Preserve Pitch should be unset & vice versa.

REAPER doesn't appear to normalize if a Vegas EDL item's Normalized field is TRUE. Although normalizing works differently in Vegas I'm thinking it would make more sense for REAPER to apply its normalize function to those items on loading. It took me a while to work out why a certain project sounded so different!

At present REAPER does not follow the fade curves from Vegas projects, but some (although not all, I guess) could be mapped..

Here are the Vegas fade types by number (known as CurveIn & CurveOut in the EDL):

Finally it appears Vegas doesn't store "item Invert Phase" state in the EDL and although there's a "Color" field in the txt I don't see a way to set item colors in Vegas so maybe that's not worth mapping!

Hope that's useful!

drew
drew is offline   Reply With Quote