View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 09:35 AM   #508
helgoboss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjunekim View Post
I am not sure I really understood the internal calculation model of source and target values.

Pick a midi button(momentary) and make it as a source, and add reacomp and set its Lowpass to the target. The Mode could be Absolute for example. As you are holding down the button, the Lowpass will go to its maximum at 20000hz, and will go back to 0hz when the button is released. It works okay.

When Target's Min is at 0% and Max is at any number between 0% to 50%, and the feedback transformation string is set to y=1-x, the feedback value becomes very strange.

The feedback output is always 127, which I checked via a virtual MIDI cable. Always, whether you press or release the button. You could change the Target Max to 49%, 30%, 20% or anything and the feedback output stays the same at 127. However, when you set the transformation string to y=x, it works as expected.
I responded in your GitHub issue. Your feedback transformation formulas are incorrect. Let me know what you want to achieve with the transformation.

@Piszpan: You mean in addition to the example in the user guide? Or a more detailed example then in the guide? I think an example project would be easy to do and most helpful. BTW, contributions always welcome.
helgoboss is online now   Reply With Quote