Thread: Linux NATIVE
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 06:52 AM   #79
fladd
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuX View Post
Massive benefits would be for the world to have and use an operating system that is open source and free instead of proprietary, only US based solutions from firms who can be here now but gone tomorrow. Who can do whatever they want with their OS, too, including selling off to "3rd parties".

I absolutely cringe every time someone says there are no benefits from porting to Linux. One nice day when M$ and the Fruity Cult is gone, the benefits could mean survival. Or who knows what can happen to proprietary OSes. They can become unusable like Windows 8, because the decisions about its future are in the hands of a minority of people.

In my eyes, Linux or BSD, or any other Open Source OS should be the only OS people use on the grand scale and that's the only OS that will never disappear, and with the least risk of having spyware in it, and it's free to use, just the way it should be for a computer OS that *whole world uses*.

How is it logical that one firm, or two, both US, has control of what OS the computers all over the world run? Somebody rationalise that for me please? If you ask me, it is *utterly insane*. Maybe not for you Amerikkens, but for me it is.
Well said! Couldn't agree more.
If having Reaper running on a free OS is not a benefit, then I don't know what is.