View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 02:10 PM   #3
randall7
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowheimer View Post
I was just about to start a new thread about this but I found this so I'll post here:

My Korg MicroKey 25 suddenly stopped working on one of my laptops and it was making me crazy. I tried uninstalling MicroKey entries in Device Manager, including hidden devices; I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my entire USB driver stack. Manually uninstalling the driver files. You name it.

It seemed like too specific a bug to Duck-Duck-Go but I finally got fed up and searched, and—go figure—it turns out that Windows 10 1909 borked something to do with MIDI. Korg issued a statement and a new driver in response. I installed it and everything's okay again

If you're having MIDI issues with a Korg device after a Windows 10 update this is probably why.
Very cool, good to know. I am going to see if I can find that updated Korg driver, because it is ridiculous that users should have to do multiple hacks in the low level Windows 10 registry to make a Korg midi device work.