View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 08:24 AM   #26
serr
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykrobinson View Post
The title says plenty..

For those of you who have been doing this for a long time, how you decide which reverb to use and how much to use, which parameters to adjust, etc?

Seems to me like trial and error become your teacher, but those who do this for a living or at lest do this a lot, what is your "go to" reverb, either and exact one or type, what settings do you prefer for certain scenarios, and why?

I realize this is a very open ended question, and you're free to respond (or not) however you choose. I think the question posed in the title is simple enough, though.
It's kind of like that SNL skit.
1. Sound good
2. Don't sound not good.
3. See one and two.

A classic scenario is wanting a reverb that lets an instrument or sound take up appropriate space and ambience while not calling attention to itself or even sounding like you have any "effect" on at all.

Don't be afraid of using an eq (pre and/or post) with your reverb!
Get the basic size and shape you're looking for and then just finalize it with an eq instead of trying to find the perfect example right out of the box.

You'll find that the reverb plugin itself turns out to be not that big of a deal as long as it isn't pointedly metallic sounding or some such (unless you want that of course).
serr is offline   Reply With Quote