View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 12:16 PM   #47
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Randolph View Post

Very few saying they like it
That is because a very small percentage of Reaper users post here. That and we aren't taking into account that statistically, the most vocal are not the ones who are happy by a usually very large margin. Most of the happy users just get on with it and make music. I'm sort of in that group except I spend time here helping out, talking tech and hanging out with friends I've made. IE: You won't find more than five complaint posts from me because I have a tendency to exploit things to my advantage and keep rolling. I do use reaper to write/record/compose my own stuff, plus my band and the occasional paid project - I guess my DAW experiences go back to the late 90s.

Secondly, everyone tends to conflate the inability to theme dialogs with the entirety of the product. The reason they should be left separate is it always ends up with one person saying it's ugly because of dialogs and another stating it's beautiful but neither are making this distinction.

Personally, it would be great if the dialogs could the themeable but the overall default theme, looks fine and I have surely found it is the most to the point workflow wise for those who spend time actually using Reaper than all other themes with the exception of a literal handful. I do admit I use a brown and dark gray themes but those are basically the default with only a change in the color scheme.

Last edited by karbomusic; 04-21-2017 at 12:21 PM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote