View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #48
Robert Randolph
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
That is because a very small percentage of Reaper users post here. That and we aren't taking into account that statistically, the most vocal are not the ones who are happy by a usually very large margin. Most of the happy users just get on with it and make music. I'm sort of in that group except I spend time here helping out, talking tech and hanging out with friends I've made. IE: You won't find more than five complaint posts from me because I have a tendency to exploit things to my advantage and keep rolling.

Secondly, everyone tends to conflate the inability to theme dialogs with the entirety of the product. The reason they should be left separate is it always ends up with one person saying it's ugly because of dialogs and another stating it's beautiful but neither are making this distinction.

Personally, it would be great if the dialogs could the themeable but the overall default theme, looks fine and I have surely found it is the most to the point workflow wise for those who spend time actually using Reaper than all other themes with the exception of a literal handful. I do admit I use a brown and dark gray themes but those are basically the default with only a change in the color scheme.
To be clear, I was referring to the thread that was supposedly proof that "most to not agree" about the UX/UI issues. There seems to be more people complaining in that thread than otherwise, so it seemed like a strange thing to link to.

In response to you though, I don't think that the 'silent majority' is very swaying argument. This forum is already full of people that are using or seriously interested in using Reaper.

If you go outside of this forum, the complains about the UI/UX are quite common. There's a chance that there's more people that won't use Reaper at all because of the UI/UX than there are people that deal with it.

Anyway... it's really not that big of a deal I think. Yes I think the UI is easily one of the worst of the popular DAWs, but it's also due to being plastered with functionality and configurability. There are tradeoffs to be made there. IMO, the UI/UX issue only really affects the learning curve, not necessarily the overall usability.
Robert Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote