Old 04-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #50
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Randolph View Post
To be clear,
Got it.

Quote:
In response to you though, I don't think that the 'silent majority' is very swaying argument. This forum is already full of people that are using or seriously interested in using Reaper.
It doesn't need to be swaying, it's generally a statistical fact in such matters across the board. Hearsay in this regard, by virtue of happy people don't tend to complain leans towards certainty. It doesn't make it a certainty that Reaper will win some award for most beautiful DAW because it isn't but the argument that "I heard a bunch of people say it's ugly ergo majority rules" would be an inaccurate statement.

Quote:
If you go outside of this forum, the complains about the UI/UX are quite common. There's a chance that there's more people that won't use Reaper at all because of the UI/UX than there are people that deal with it.
As long as you aren't making the assumption everyone who chooses reaper is "dealing with it" because that would another assumption of a subjective thing.

Quote:
Anyway... it's really not that big of a deal I think. Yes I think the UI is easily one of the worst of the popular DAWs, but it's also due to being plastered with functionality and configurability. There are tradeoffs to be made there. IMO, the UI/UX issue only really affects the learning curve, not necessarily the overall usability.
You are right, it isn't that big a deal, let's make the dialogs etc. better and move on. Nothing about Reaper or it's GUI has ever caused me (and the vast majority of other users) to start a 'dear jon letter to' type thread. I ended up here because I wanted a complex DAW with the learning curve. It is my hope it never becomes "grandma's DAW" so to speak, or I'll have to go find another one that is suitably complex for my needs and abilities. There are plenty of pretty and easy DAWs already and this isn't a popularity contest, at least for many of us using it.

So in the nicest way to everyone, I don't get why people show up here, roll up their sleeves and think they are saving the DAW world. Every DAW has a purpose and an audience and they should not all have the same strengths etc. which means every one can't be the pretty one. Each person should pick the one that works best for them and use it. That is the ONLY reason I'm here after coming from Logic (PC) and Cubase/Nuendo - IOW, I'd drop reaper like a rock if I was as disappointed as many of you are and not think twice about it, I'd just be gone.

PS: I understand improvement and feedback but much of this isn't really that, it's that surface DAW contest chatter that exists everywhere with varying fruit hanging from the tree, here it's the look of the fruit. So before I get roasted by the ugly bunch, everyone gets their say, I'm having mine and hopefully no one will freak out by my having it.

Last edited by karbomusic; 04-21-2017 at 03:00 PM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote