View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 05:58 AM   #78
MacFizz
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
I don't believe that any one program is ever going to satisfy everyone's wishes. Possibly the devs have also worked this out and have decided there's no point aiming for the impossible. So they might as well produce something that suits them and let anyone else who it suits use it too.
I'm genuinely interested to know who actually find the reaplugs UI (and I'm only talking about the UI here) adequate to any usage or inspiring in any ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell
When buying a picture to hang on the wall, it's obviously a bad idea to choose the one that sounds bad when knocking at the frame, that we get for free with it.
Wow, funny analogy ;-)
But, reaplugs are part of Reaper, I don't think it's accurate to consider them free (as Reaper isn't free and they can be bought separately).
You would also imply that because a product is free, it can look like shit. Well there's plenty of freeware that not only sound great, but also look fantastic. I also know some expensive plugs that sound OK but with a close to unusable UI.
My fear is that Reaplugs haven't been updated since forever and more and more people using Reaper will never use them, and someday (maybe soon), they'll just be removed of Reaper because they're useless.

Also, I don't think a modern DAW can survive without gaining new users, professionals or hobbyists.
Professionals usually stick to what they know and what is perceived to be the industry standard (PT) and most hobbyist will aim at something appealing. E
ven though Reaper has a fantastic UI, when you try it out, fire up some Reaplugs, and compare it to a product such as StudioOne Prime that also comes with it's own plugs, well, StudioOne Prime takes the cake. And of course, performances and technicalities have nothing to do with it.
MacFizz is offline   Reply With Quote