View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 07:53 PM   #114
Lokasenna
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mespotine View Post
Is there a way to export/import the gui-table I created with your gui-lib?
Not natively. I found an awesome function to export tables from a script to a text file as proper Lua code, so loading them just requires executing that file, but I don't think it would work for classes with metatables and all that.

Quote:
I'm currently working on my own gui-lib, which shall include a GUI-editor, in which I would try to add editing-support for your gui-lib as well.
Great timing. This is what I've been working on this week: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lu6gdkp5uq...20wip.gif?dl=0

Quote:
And beside of that, is there a way to find out, which gui-object-classes are available(especially 3rd party ones) and what the attributes of them are(size, text, etc)?
Currently I'm only aware of my own classes, so the Project Wiki is your best bet.

Quote:
This would be important for a gui-editor as well, as I could easily automatically add other added classes without having to hardcode them.
With my GUI builder I've found that a certain amount of hardcoding is necessary, although it's pretty easy after the first couple of classes.

Quote:
That way, I could also check, whether a certain gui-class exists and communicate "missing class, can't build the gui" to the user.
Have a look at GUI.New in Core.lua - it does this and pops up an error message if the class wasn't loaded.

Quote:
Oh, and is there a function that returns the version of your gui-lib?
GUI.version, but I very rarely update the value in it.

-----------------------------------------

I have to put my kid to bed, will respond to the technical part in a little while.