Thread: Mix Contest?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 02:48 PM   #121
Jeffsounds
Human being with feelings

Man, it was a tough decision. Great mixes from everybody! After lots of listening I narrowed it down to 5 top mixes. In no particular order:

Fergler

Richie43

RightOnTheMark

SonicAxiom

Fictional Substance

On each of these mixes I'd LOVE to know how you got the bass guitar to sound so good! I have NEVER been able to get it to sound that way. The detail and not being overbearing in the mix is something I've struggled with.

As Lawrence suggested, I could take parts of each mix and put them together but then who would mix it? Me? I struggled with this mix for some stupid reason so that would leave me out. Any one of the above? Well, then it would end up sounding like their mix and might not come out sounding like they do in their respective mixes.

So after hearing these mixes WAY too many times. My choice for the best mix is...

a 3-way tie!

Honestly, I've listened to the top 3 mixes all day and can NOT narrow it down to just one. I like pretty much everything about all 3 mixes. They each went the step beyond just a static mix. Each person added something to make their mix stand out. Some subtle, some not so subtle. But what they each did to the mix, I liked. So, in no particular order, here are the top 3 mixes that I chose:

Fergler

Richie43

Fictional Substance

Listen to the 3 yourself and if you can pick one out of the 3 that is better than the rest then you are a better man than I.

So, when my new site goes up (soon, hopefully) I will list the 3 mixes separately with the little story of how they came to be. Real names will be used unless otherwise notified, so if I don't have your real name, please PM me. I will also be putting up links and recommendations to any websites if you have one.

Congrats and thank you to all who participated! Great job!!!!!