View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 02:29 PM   #25
bozmillar
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHughes View Post
With testimonials try to keep them fresh, and to do that you need to keep adding new ones, and all you need to do for that is ask. Many Amazon sellers ask for reviews after delivery and it's probably handled automatically.
That usually works pretty well for getting plugin reviews on the product page. I know that I personally rarely leave reviews on anything I buy simply because I don't ever think about doing it. When I remember to, I send out an email to owners of a plugin and ask for a review, and people

Quote:
Put more of the high profile ones up front, like you did with Andy Sneap. I don't know Andy, but I know Judas Priest!
Ha. I just put that one up last night after I read your post because it made me realize I'm not making good use of the ones I have.

Quote:
But if you really believe in your product then you must believe that others will benefit from it, and what's better than that?
This is where it gets hard. As the person who made it, I know exactly what its flaws are, and I notice those flaws all the time. Even if nobody else will ever notice them, I know they are there. It's dumb because I've never used a piece of software that didn't have flaws. It's just that when I am the one actually making the flaws, I feel inherently at fault. And that makes it hard to say "Everyone should use this or you will never have a career in audio."