Thread: Ambisonic IR
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 03:54 AM   #14
Joystick
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by plush2 View Post
The problem you are going to continually run into in what you describe is that the sound source position of the IR determines the localization of the IR.
Another way to solve this is to control the transition of the original signal's early reflections into the reverb processor's late reflections.

The "O3A Reverb - Shaped Convolution" by Blue Ripple Sound takes this road, you can have a look at the documentation found at: https://www.blueripplesound.com/site...ide_v2.2.0.pdf

You can use that together with a shoebox early-reflection modeler like the "IEM RoomEncoder" or even Blue Ripple Sound's own "O3A Shoebox" processor.

For an early-reflections/late-reflections modeling solution based completely on the IEM suite, you can use the "IEM RoomEncoder" together with the "IEM FdnReverb".

Quote:
Originally Posted by plush2 View Post
As an aside, I'm loving the melda MconvolutionEZ.
I tried it using a mono signal encoded to HOA and then loaded a HOA IR I made for testing and it gives erroneous output. Actually whatever the position of the source in the ambisonic field and the behavior of the test IR, the plugin outputs the reflections located wrong.

How did you make it work?

I test the convolution algorithms' directivity using a test IR file that I created at the SoundFellas Immersive audio Labs. It's a rhombicuboctahedron impulse emission 1 pap per sector per second and you can find it here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoFZ1MP3ewRggqY3...X33nw?e=QUgMdF.

My tests also output the wrong directivity in ReaVerb when I move the mono source below the mid horizontal plane on the ambisonic encoder/panner.

If you get the correct results, please let me know how you did it because I think that something wrong goes on on the engine of this plugin that messes with the directivity.
Joystick is offline   Reply With Quote