View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 09:28 PM   #181
Eddy
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bunker View Post
Hey Eddy, do you know if there is an easier method of transfering a project from Reaper to another DAW other than saving every instance of every plugin as a preset and then loading it track by track, instance by instance in the new DAW?

I know in Reaper you could at least do templates or save FX chains, but those things obviously don't work across DAWs, is there something out there that lets you do something similar but across DAWs?
sadly no - It would be very difficult to do as Reaper has that universal track design, which I like a lot, but a lot of DAWs dont. I am going to try and finish what I can in Reaper and start new ones in Studio One and Bitwig. But some projects that were half started in Reaper look like they will be easier just to start again in Bitwig because of the modulation improvements

Anyway I bought both Bitwig and Studio One - they can be resold so it is not a huge drama if I need to get rid of them later

There are strange things missing in Studio One tho - no track templates for example, they have another system, import from song, which would be good but is still underdeveloped. So it is not a straightforward "this is better than that" and I have to keep reminding myself that I am new to Studio One and that Reaper just couldn't handle how I use Falcon and Kontakt, which is a major problem for me.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote