View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 02:20 AM   #6
Airal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstruct View Post
You need the sharded build. Copy the DLL files to REAPER program directory.
Ok, well, I removed everything in the reaper dir that related to ffmpeg along with all the stuff in the plugins dir. I uninstalled quicktime. I used procmon to check that reaper wasn't loading anything by ffmpeg(as far as I could tell). What it was doing is loading some stuff from vlc like libvlccore.dll, libavcodec.dll, libvlc.dll, etc..

I reloaded the project and the same problem.

I then renamed the vlc directory and reloaded the project. The mp4's were offline, so it looks like it was, at the very least, using vlc to load the mp4's.

I then readded ffmpeg and reloaded the project and the mp4's were back online. So it is using the ffmpeg now(played in the plugins dir).

BUT what I noticed throughout. Is that when I loaded the project for the very first time and hit playback, is that it wouldn't pop! (happened in the vlc case and even before that)

BUT after I played back the first time, it would always pop after. So, this is definitely some type of reaper bug. The pop changes too, sometimes it is brighter and sometimes bassy. It doesn't seem to happen when I first reload the project. It may happen with only certain types of mp4's or maybe an items setting issue.

vailable decoder information:

========== VLC ==========
VLC 2.0.x-2.2.x not found for correct architecture -- search path:
C:\Program Files\VLC

========== ffmpeg/libav ==========
ffmpeg/libav DLL decoder v57.99.100

Loaded from: C:\Reaper\Plugins\avcodec-57.dll
ffmpeg/libav configuration:
--disable-static
--enable-shared
--enable-gpl
--enable-version3
--enable-cuda
--enable-cuvid
--enable-d3d11va
--enable-dxva2
--enable-libmfx
--enable-nvenc
--enable-avisynth
--enable-bzlib
--enable-fontconfig
--enable-frei0r
--enable-gnutls
--enable-iconv
--enable-libass
--enable-libbluray
--enable-libbs2b
--enable-libcaca
--enable-libfreetype
--enable-libgme
--enable-libgsm
--enable-libilbc
--enable-libmodplug
--enable-libmp3lame
--enable-libopencore-amrnb
--enable-libopencore-amrwb
--enable-libopenh264
--enable-libopenjpeg
--enable-libopus
--enable-librtmp
--enable-libsnappy
--enable-libsoxr
--enable-libspeex
--enable-libtheora
--enable-libtwolame
--enable-libvidstab
--enable-libvo-amrwbenc
--enable-libvorbis
--enable-libvpx
--enable-libwavpack
--enable-libwebp
--enable-libx264
--enable-libx265
--enable-libxavs
--enable-libxvid
--enable-libzimg
--enable-lzma
--enable-zlib

ffmpeg/libav search path:
%PATH%
C:\Reaper
C:\Reaper\UserPlugins\64
C:\Reaper\UserPlugins
C:\Reaper\Plugins

========== DirectShow ==========
DirectShow available

Audio: 44100Hz 2ch 32bps
Audio: aac (HE-AAC) (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 44100 Hz, stereo, fltp, 66 kb/s

Ok, More news that might mean something:

I noticed that if I keep playing back over the start of the item, sometimes it doesn't pop, sometimes it's quite and sometimes it's loud.

If I stop the playback before any real audio starts, it eventually won't make a sound.

It seems like it could the item's buffer not being cleared. When there is sound that happens, it is retained in the buffer, when playback occurs again, it is not cleared. If the playback was loud, bright, or whatever, it will retain some of that in the pop.

For exmaple, if I just loop around the start of the item, but not allow any of the music to be in the loop(since the start of the item, musically, is quiet), there will never be any sound. But if I allow the end of the loop to cross in to music, then I will get pops.

And depending on what the end of that sound was, will shape the pop. (if it were loud at the end of the loop then the pop would be loud).

Also, the waveform will change depending on the end of the loop/

Here's a video, since I'm sure I wouldn't be believed otherwise:

http://www.filedropper.com/reaperglitch

Hopefully this can be fixed soon as I need to render some stuff and that glitch shows up in the rendering. Not only is there an aural glitch(I think just that the buffers need to be cleared after a loop when there is no item being played back), there is also a visual glitch(as I said, it tends to be the end of the item as if it were wrapped around).

I should also point out that I had a project with all mp4's in it and I saved it to a new dir and set the copy and change the format of items and it did not do so for all the items. Not sure why.

Last edited by Airal; 06-19-2017 at 03:29 AM.
Airal is offline   Reply With Quote