View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #577
amagalma
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post
Hello!

Could someone make a script out of the following idea?
Let's say that I select some tracks. Then running the script would do the following:
1) add JS VCA slave to the end of the fx chain of these tracks (if loading of a specific fx is not possible with Reascript, then it should add a specific fx chain - I would have saved before the VCA slave as an fx chain)
2) add a new track and and load JS VCA master on it (if again loading of a specific fx is not possible, then it should add a specific track template - I would have first saved the track with VCA master loaded on it as a template)
3) add sends from channels 1/2 of that newly created track to a new pair of channels for each one of the selected tracks (for example, if one track has 2 channels, then add another 2 and receive on 3/4, if it has 6 channels, then add another 2 and receive on 7/8 etc)

VCAs in one click! Is it possible?
If this is too complicated, then a simpler way to do it would be:
1) manually insert a track template with vca master loaded on it
2) select tracks, open Reaconsole and type "x vca_slave"
3) here is the simpler script needed: when you run the script it asks you "from which track to receive? (tcp number)" - you type the number of the track template you loaded and then the script adds 2 channels to each one of the selected tracks and sends audio from the track you typed to the newly created channels of each of the selected tracks.

A bit less automatic than the script I proposed before, but simple and fast. What do you think?

Last edited by amagalma; 06-10-2014 at 12:49 AM.
amagalma is offline   Reply With Quote