View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 04:51 AM   #22
Never
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
I understand that you don't understand why this is fundamentally, and crucially wrong. I could keep explaining it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
+1 Definately not an empty theme just because the rtconfig is empty.

@MaXyM - The reason there can never be a 100 % definative sdk or guide is the same reason
REAPER is not released one last time in an all-out best version, lol , then the software
would basically be EOS for all intent and purpose.
WALTER is coming to us - much like the many dev builds and updates of REAPER - piece by piece;
assembling over time - the greatest DAW ever created, and the .ReaperThemeZip format, & WALTER; is still.... though
misunderstood by many users - the BEST gui theme editing and creation system there has ever been for a DAW at least.....and again....it is evolving on a daily basis.
I created a post where a user can come and see all the theming and WALTER related changes since v5, and WT
created a fair amount of Lit. on the v.5 theme and it's capabilities and the description - in detail - of it's editing process,
and one particular user here created a Photoshop doc that actually contains on many layers - all of the myriad theme elements of the default v 5 theme, so that one can easily read WT's instructions - and inner-RTCONFIG notes - and,
combined with a skimming of these, open the afformentioned template and create new elements right over top of the old ones, then mute the underlying images, and export. Viola! New customized theme in no form or fashion similar to v5, except the function of element snapping / anchoring, etc.
Of course, with the advent of the new v6 theme and the even MORE simplified - and dare I say - spoiler - WT praise comes next for those allergic....(haters).....again...dare I say.....Innovative, efficient, amazing, just all around miraculous A+ Hackery level intellegentsia of the scripting features!!! He is making it even EASIER for those whos cannot under-
stand the concept of listing and calling scalar values and coords using conditions......and.....

@Dyl..... I mean all of the math,
the macros, the C etiquette and syntax, the polish notation, the var's, the deeper stuff......isn't really WALTER....
it's all researchable Ad Darn NAUSEUM online, juat lookup c++ relational operators, those are the boolean operators you really need to conditionalize element drawing with WALTER. All the other stuff....keep hittin the snooze button till
you get down the following:
Scalars, and how to call them for use in creating a condition. Ex: ?recarm set.tcp.solo [1 1 20 20 0 0 0 0] [1 1 30 30 0 0 0 0] ...............We just created a conditiop using the 'recarm scalar'....we call for it to return a positive value if it IS armed by placing a ? in front of the scalar name....?recarm...that tells REAPER to say (if record armed)...why YES, I am recarmed...so....therefore...I will execute the very next command...and no more on that line....then skip to next line of code.
SO: ?recarm set.tcp.solo [blazay blah darn coords to enter]....<since ?recarm is POS, REAPER executes the immediately following command and ignores the rest of the line, skipping to the next......NOW then....
IF: ?recarm set.tcp.solo [coords coords coords x x ] [THESE COORDS INSTEAD IF ?recarm NEG!!]....<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________^^^^^^------------\
Scalar^^... REAPER says 'no I am not Recarmed, so.. I will ^SKIP! the next command, and execute the one after it.^
Hopefully you can see past the arrows....if you read the first part of the themer's guide...it should be more than enuff for you to gleen the correct etiquette,etc.
If you can learn how to write that bit of code properly for any other element....AND
learn the edge attachment mechanism (explained in the guide....*Search for 'Bernstraw'...and backup a bit i think.
AND learn that using margins: 0 is left, 0.5 is center, 1 is right, AND learn that you need to have the sdk up in your browser the whole time while working on a theme...for reference....AND , use the 'S&M theme helper to get your pixel h's and w's. SWS Actions; AND of course: when you rename a theme's resource folder, or .ReaperThemeZip title,
and you load the theme in REAPER, and none of your images show up, simply: open the theme tweaker>
all the way at the bottom, if you are working with an unpacked theme, click Browse (Bot. Right)> Navigate to correct folder, select>SAVE!>YES< OVERWRITE!
If you are using a packed theme, same as above.....BUT!! - instead of navigating to the folder, navigate to the actual ReaperThemeZip file.>SAVE!>OVERWRITE!>YES! .........VIOLA!! Now Refresh them....to do this:
Click Ctrl+Alt+Pg. Down - Now click Ctrl+Alt+Pg. Up (Next theme, Previous theme). Now the images should show up!

using what I have just explained, you can either use v5 def. and WT's Lit. AND the Photoshop Template and make a great theme,
-or-
Start from scratch, and for the first time, make your own basic, functioning theme. What I shared with you, believe it or not, is actually enough to start writing a functional theme and bring it to a very beta useable stage.
NEXT::
Research Arithmatic Preprocessors (C++)
.....................Logical Operators
.....................Increment / decrement
....................ternary operators
.....................Bitwise operators
....................Equality and INequality
and of course you need to learn about LOGIC ex: (AND, OR, XOR, Etc.)..... bitwise operators , etc., will be used to implement these different types of logic. Different types. Functions. Use. Syntax.
These Logics are tantamount to types of switches or combinations of switches, which you will eventually use to write the AWESOME code people will praise you for.
Of course, to bring the applause, you will need to have good ideas, problem solving and analytical skills, and LEARN MACROS!!!!

Last edited by Never; 08-17-2019 at 05:07 AM.
Never is offline   Reply With Quote