View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 06:05 AM   #9
GoldenDeathMusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaban View Post
Cool thanks for the update. I also use VSTi drums in my little home studio productions...BFD3, a bunch of EZ Drummer kits, Abbey Roads 60’s Drummer. Plus tons of other virtual instruments for keys (which I can’t really play but I can do a half decent mock-up.) I do play my own guitar parts however.

My band (which has both a real drummer and keyboardist) is also way into 60’s and 70’s prog/folk/psych
Wow, I clicked with the intention of quickly checking out a song and got sucked into listening to the entire album! Very cool stuff you guys are doing. It initially reminded me of Dungen, ever heard of them? Tons of cool prog influences are evident though, and you guys are certainly putting your own spin on it. Thanks so much for sharing this! You've definitely gained a new fan.

And yeah, I 've used Abbey Roads 60's kit as well but ended up settling on Addictive Drums 2 because of the variety and great sound. Ideally I would be playing a real kit but I'm limited by budget and space - my last setup was in the kitchen space of my studio apartment so I had to unplug the interface every time someone wanted to microwave a burrito Though I would rather record in the worst possible environment than not record at all.
GoldenDeathMusic is offline   Reply With Quote