Thread: CMake
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #17
earlevel
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
CMake is just a solution/project file generator, though. So it should be possible to later edit the Visual Studio and XCode projects to deal with whatever BS iLok requires. That wouldn't be any different compared to how to WDL/IPlug currently works, right?
Well, I was guessing that Oli was talking about using it as such (solution/project generator), from his comments about the Python script, but when I looked at CMake, it also seems capable of more. It looked like it had the potential of making things difficult, so I was stating my concern regarding PACE Fusion.

For instance, I look at the docs..."CMake is a cross-platform, open-source make system. CMake is used to control the software compilation process using simple platform-independent and compiler-independent configuration files. CMake generates native makefiles and workspaces that can be used in the compiler environment of your choice." If you stop at "CMake generates...workspaces", just use that capability, that's one thing, but the other stuff would definitely be pertinent to Fusion. Not that you couldn't do it, just that a) it requires a good understanding of the Fusion system, because you'll be running outside the PACE documentation and tutorial examples, which is already tough enough, and b) PACE changes things at will.
earlevel is offline   Reply With Quote