View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 12:54 AM   #52
lucas_LCS
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoostJanssensDS View Post
However, and this is my only gripe; you have to expand the track to pretty large in order to see the FX and automation buttons.
..[snip]..
If there would be a layout that has a meter at the bottom that can stretch to the right, showing more buttons along the way, that would be absolutely perfect. So instead of showing buttons by dragging downwards, showing buttons by stretching sideways.
both the Default layout and theSpacer layout do this.
Stretch either layout to the right, then move the bottom of the layout up just under the Mute, Solo and Phase buttons to see what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoostJanssensDS View Post
Perhaps, as a suggestion, take the spacer layout, and make a strip the size of the name strip underneath with small versions of all the important buttons. That would mean minimal extra space usage and minimal dragging out the tracks to show the buttons. Perhaps then put the meter either underneath that or besides like the default Reaper layouts do.

Hope I've been a bit clearer. Still, thanks for all your hard work, it is truly appreciated!
The Spacer layout pretty much does this already when adjusted to a certain height.
Please note that I'm unwilling to make new buttons at this point in time.
I'll look at making an alternate Spacer layout and/or a Narrow layout.
Do you need an expandable meter or a meter at all?

lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote