View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 02:18 PM   #22
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Oh yeah, I wasn't talking about lining everything up to the grid, I'm just talking about getting the drummer set up to the grid, relative to the click that he heard.

Of course it will make no difference as far as how the band plays with the drums, but if you add any midi it will make that much easier. Heh heh, then if there's no midi it's not relevant.
Gotcha, yea, I was worried I wasn't clear about the latency in the picture. I "should" have done a proper looback when I was there but forgot. Then earlier today, I realized if I could find some click bleed then subtract the travel time from the headphones to whichever mic I found the bleed in, that was in effect a loopback test after the fact.

After doing that I concluded it was pretty much dead on like it normally is at home but was initially concerned since I moved everything etc. and didn't formally check while I was there. There will be some MIDI but it will be performed not programmed as I will likely grab a MIDI version of the audio the keyboard player performs when we do his tracks - a number of keys tracks will just be his keyboards, not VSTi. I'm just doing that in the event whatever sound he uses becomes a mix problem later and/or we want to change it.