View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 02:37 AM   #13
fred garvin
Human being with feelings

Wow, you're not joking man, I totally hear it... it's like that one dude at the party with the annoying voice that you can hear over everyone else... sorry about that, I'd just get what you can for it and get something else, I mean I put a $300 fret job into my old Squier Strat which is I don't think worth too much more but I -love- that guitar... do you love that guitar enough to chase whatever's wrong down and probably pay substantially to have it fixed? And many if not most guitar bridges are compensated, that's why most electric guitars have bridges where every string is adjustable, but never seen the B string only thing. It would of course make that string louder.

OIC, there's like a double compensation thing going on where the bridge is set at an angle plus extra relief for the B string. Doesn't look right to me, looks like the B string is clearly the longest string, should that be the case? Picking up my nearest guitar, it isn't on it. Well, in the end it seems to be ineffective and the question remains the same.

Good luck, hope it works out!

Last edited by fred garvin; 07-16-2018 at 02:55 AM.
fred garvin is offline   Reply With Quote