Thread: Routing Issues
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 12:48 PM   #3
Cheek7
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzy View Post
believe it or not, i'd like to help you, as it's pretty frustrating seeing you post with an issue that should be relatively easy to fix, but you don't seem to want to learn how to help yourself.
You say you don't know how things work, but you seem to want to persist with a complicated routing that you don't understand.
I'll try & assist one last time, if you want, but you need to follow the advice given and you need to start simple and work your way up.
Do you want help with routing or with re-amping? Pick one and we can go from there.
If it's re-amping, forget about routing to buses & stuff and start with one single guitar track.
If you want to use ReaInsert, ask about that, but if not, don't worry, you can do this without it.
If you want help with routing, forget about re-amping for the time being.
I know the two issues are probably linked, but no-ones gonna help you unless you clearly describe your problem without clouding it with unnecessary info, and you're not gonna learn anything unless you get the basics right.
Like you said, these topics are inherently linked together, at least as far as I am currently aware. I understand that it might be frustrating for you to have to see my posts that you could just skim over and ignore, but think about how frustrated I am when I bust my ass and save money and spend large amounts of money on a hobby I really like and it doesn't work. So what is the only thing I can do when I have NO idea how things work? I do what everybody can do, go to the internet.

I know you are sick and tired of seeing my whole 3 threads I have made, but I only made the others because I tried the solutions I was offered and the only reason I keep bringing up ReaInsert is because people keep telling me that it is a surefire, be-all end-all solution, and then when I ask them how to set one up I get ignored. And when I look up how to do it I get really obfuscated answers. And I made them on entirely different sub-threads as to gauge a large amount of feedback and answers, casting a large net, if you would.

I also don't know what you mean by unnecessary info, if you mean my signal chain, I only provide that so if something can be solved through a simple rerouting of the physical hardware, the person offering a suggestion knows exactly what the scenario is.

I understand you think that you have already apparently offered me the golden solution to my issue, but I am telling you that I have already tried stripping the chain bare and adding things later to see if it stops working so I can identify the piece of hardware that might be the issue if it is even a hardware issue at all (reamp box, two notes, interface itself, etc.) I even have been emailing my sweetwater engineer about this and even he is stumped on what the problem is.

Sorry for the rant

At the end of the day I need this whole Reamping thing to work, it will make writing a whole helluva lot easier. I could give a damn about the routing but I absolutely believe the problems are inherently linked to one another. Given that I have tracks on different projects that i recorded before I knew reamping even existed, and something is wrong with my current tracks that I can't pinpoint despite copying the routing for the tracks of my previous project (as i stated in the original post, when deleting the send to the reamp track, the sound doesn't play at all, but that is just a symptom of the overall problem I suspect).

But at this rate I am thinking about switching DAWs entirely to one that might work with me better, but I don't bloody know anymore
Cheek7 is offline   Reply With Quote