View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 05:34 PM   #311
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
Ever imagined how horrible making music solely full time and strictly to deadlines must be?
Well I'd never take that up full time. Creativity has to be totally free at least half the time for me. I suppose I make weird enough music that I only get offers for gigs needing my particular brand of sound, so I usually enjoy them a lot, get paid and let someone else decide when they're done. Deadlines set by someone else help a lot too, even if I still tend to wait til the last minute...

@maxdembo - Yea I've been on the same journey of streamlining my workflow (hello, Reaper!). I basically didn't write any music for about 5 years and just set up controllers and custom/cycle actions and worked out all the kinks that would stifle inspiration. Some of that was also trying out all the other DAWs and ultimately not being satisfied.

Probably wasted too much time on that obsession, but having achieved probably 95% of my vision of perfect workflow, I don't really regret it. When I'm into something now I can go all night without getting tired or frustrated or losing ideas because they took too long to execute. That's magical. Thank you Cockos and fellow Reaperites!!!

But yea, I think I'll do as you suggest and post the thing I'm trying to finish here as W.I.P. Maybe some of you can give me the feedback I need to make a plan of attack.