View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 01:02 AM   #17
Arpegia
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by serr View Post
OK. Maybe those plugins need that much CPU power? But this is a mighty powerful machine to be experiencing that with.

Did you try disabling Anticipative fx Processing for any track with one of these plugins inserted on it? Some 3rd party plugins are not compatible with AfxP. (Don't disable AfxP globally in preferences. Only per track as needed.)

Is the CPU use truly high? Do you see a core maxing out in Activity Monitor?

The block size. Some interfaces only support a max 1024 sample block size. The controls aren't grayed out like you might want for that. Instead you're left to figure that out by trial and error. If you see no change over 1024 samples or it gets worse, that might be the cause. Just pointing that out even though it doesn't help.

Just to make sure there wasn't any miscommunication here can you post screen shots of Reaper Preferences/Audio/Device and /Audio/Buffering pages?.
This morning I try to disable Anticipative FX but it's a disaster. Acustica Plugins really need it. About block Size, as I explain, I don't use any interface. Only the internal Core audio. And to avoid miscommunication I attach screen shots of my settings.

Thanks for your time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Buffering Screen Shot.jpg (61.2 KB, 750 views)
File Type: jpg Device Screen shot.jpg (60.4 KB, 745 views)