View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 01:19 AM   #26
pepe44
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumphil View Post
Frankly, this is all pretty silly. All you're doing by forcing the audio device to run at 96K, is having everything that doesn't natively output 96K run through some relatively crappy software resampling to get it up to 96K. If you can hear a difference it's most likely the extra distortion that comes from the resampling process.

Modern DAC chips run at much higher internal sample rates anyway, regardless of the sample rate of the audio you send to them.
I dont know how much information you have on the voicemeeter software, but seems like you dont have much. The Program is excelent and does not suck much resources from the computer , all it is doing is "tunneling" the audio from the crappy windows WDM to my MOTU so i can listen everything from the OS and work on reaper without having to change sample rates. It is not resampling, the MOTU is set at 96KHz, its just passing through voicemeeter, thatīs all. No distortion, no resampling, no noise, all good! And a plus is that i can route any audio interface connected to the PC to anywhere now. Very happy with this solution.
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote