View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 10:22 AM   #9
Nonlinear
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
That does look like a bug in iplug's handling of the kIsProgramChange parameter. For nofish's plugin, when trying to set the (say) 7th program, REAPER first calls plainParamToNormalized(7) to see if the plugin does something sensible. In this case, that function returns 7, which isn't normalized. This is sort of a bug, but can be worked around by REAPER, which sets the parameter to 0.875, because it's the 7th program of 8 total. The plugin accepts this and changes its parameters.

Separately, REAPER regularly polls the plugin to see what it thinks its program is set to, because many plugins support their own internal preset system. This plugin always responds that its kIsProgramChange parameter is set to zero, which is definitely a bug, so on the next poll, REAPER says OK fine and sets the dropdown back to the first program.

I'm going to move this thread to the WDL users forum.
OK, but, if it's a bug in iPlug (and not Reaper) why do these plugins work properly in Cubase, Cakewalk, etc.? Here is my plugin running in Cubase 10: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eKR...ew?usp=sharing It works exactly as it should.

All of the parameters in my preset list ARE normalized and load correctly. What "snaps back" in Reaper is only the preset NAME.

Last edited by Nonlinear; 06-01-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Nonlinear is offline   Reply With Quote