View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 09:12 AM   #2
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight316 View Post
Hey guys,
I have searched and have not really found a yes or no answer to my question? What I need to know is:

Can I take a project that has drums (via Addicted Drums) and a Bass track, and Guitar track and save the project go to it's location and then save that folder, and send it via email to another person in another state so that we can collaborate on songwriting?
I collaborate with a friend who's 1500 miles away all the time. We just send each other MP3s of the whole mix from our side, let the other person create new tracks, then post the new tracks as wave files where the other person can get them.

The first two songs at my Soundclick page were done like this. I started the projects with bass drums and guitar, then sent my friend an MP3. He added keyboards and guitars then put them up on the web as wave files, where I could download them. I grabbed them and imported them into Reaper, just dragging and dropping them onto empty tracks. Once I have all the files, I mix and master it, and I'm on to the next one. My friend also uses Reaper, but we've never tried getting the actual project from one person to the other. We always have just imported MP3s as a reference track to add more parts to.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote