View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 05:36 AM   #176
huberkinky
Human being with feelings

Are you guys serious?

I know I'm risking a serious ban, but FFS - if program can't be installed fully with double click, with all menus, actions and God knows what else is needed, who the hell needs program like that?

Would you buy Windows without Display Preferences, which you would have to install? For simple installation you would have to search for forum, where you will have to look for hours from FAQ to other sections, read a lot of computer jargon and spent couple hours to install damn thing, because some programmer was not good enough and was unable to make a simple line to default folder where thing would be properly installed.

I'm trying for few days to install colors for tracks and still unsuccessful.

All Actions installed but... it's always butt... or I'm to stupid to perform 20 other tasks and Actions without it will not function.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=48049

Line - search for "resource". THERE IS NO SEARCH BUTTON or field to search!

When I've installed, no single template for easy start. Arghhhhh!!!!

I was a computer technician for 15 years! And I made many hundreds machines, repaired so many problems and Reaper is beyond me and beyond me is a such concept.

It suppose to be a program to make music, not program as a hobby for making themes and custom colors.

I should think, how to make music, use compressors with reverbs, doing some creative stuff.

Instead of being creative I have to spend at least $500.00 in order get damned thing to be configured properly!

Manual is not clear and IMHO as for person who was able to run ProTools for 14 years and I can't go to far with this program, which seems to be only designed for enthusiast with to much time to waste. Of course some will be successful.

Some guys will be happy with Linux but it's not for everyone.

And Reaper is as a Linux.

Absolute madness. Yes - I've paid for it... and I will use it for mastering and as VST host. Works nice but for serious work, i doubt I will invest so much time and money to learn and buy so many tutorials and videos, instead of being busy of making some music.

For that I will stick to my old and good <b>Ptools 5.3.</b> Working like a charm and with them I'm the problem, not the program!

Now you can ban me, because I'm very disappointed!

It';s just a toy for kids with a talent to waste a lot of time.

Cheers...
huberkinky is offline   Reply With Quote