Thread: DAW BUILD 2013
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #39
serr
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA View Post
So your OS (or C drive) is a SSD drive AND your record to that same drive?
Yes. (Except I named my system drives "SERR VIII" and "Studio Earth VIII". I have redundant system drives in case of hardware failure at a live show.)

Quote:
If so... are you using a bunch of VSTis and audio tracks? Currently I'm running VSTis like Omnisphere, LL3, Superior 2 drums, Kontakt 5, Absynth, etc.

If the OS drive is a SSD, perhaps I could run all my VSTis AND audio tracks on just 1 drive!
I don't use any instrument plugins for running live sound of course. The instruments are real, on stage, and being played by real musicians.

I use VSTi's in the studio here and there. Pretty much anything goes in studio mode. I set the disc buffer to 2048 and just forget about it since there is no need for live sound with "real-time" low latency. The SSD is still the "high performance" workspace for audio. However you can get away with a lot with HDD's in a pinch. The SSD is required for live sound mode.

Quote:
Has anyone done this or is it still better to have an SSD for your OS AND a HDD running all my audio AND VSTi tracks?

Thanks!
Putting anything on a standard HDD would slow your system down vs. using the SSD.

Last edited by serr; 03-03-2014 at 01:04 PM.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote