View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 04:16 PM   #20
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

+ Hackey Trackey Integration ==> Shift + Double LMB opens a Hackey Trackey on the selected track at the current song position.
+ Added optional grid snapping
+ Check if old position exists before randomizing (makes sure that undo maintains position).
+ Minor usability improvements
+ Renamed REM to DEL
+ Preventing deleting MASTER
+ Faster zooming
+ Slower dial motions when holding shift and control

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Holy crap dude...I can't believe how you already blasted through my list like some kind of magical code genie! Simply amazing. Thanks! Lemme try this out now...
No prob
Quote:
2. The window now passes esc, so I can toggle other windows, but I actually meant that I want to also close this window with esc. My workflow generally involves opening floating Reaper windows like this one full-screen (or many small ones, arranged around the screen) and hitting esc to toggle hiding them, but this window behaves differently and becomes a roadblock to my normal workflow. Only way to close it when in focus is with the mouse. As well, none of my normal shortcuts work while this window is open.
Yeah, this is quite annoying. But sadly, something I cannot fix at the moment. There is no method for passing shortcuts back to the main window. If this ever becomes available in the API, I will add it immediately.
Quote:
3. On that same note, the toggle action to close the window can't be run from keyboard shortcut because the window steals focus. Perhaps it could be made to pass all keyboard shortcuts to the main window, apart from those it's using?
I could add a 'close window' command. If you make it the same as the toggle, we could at least fix that. What key combo would make sense for this?
Quote:
4. What I meant by in/out nodes: I'm lazy to do a mockup, but I picture small circles along two opposite sides of the machine boxes, one for each plugin channel; ins on one side and outs on the other. I don't know if you planned to expand the routing wires to also describe the pin connections, or if that's quite a lot of work or even possible, but it would be tremendously useful.
This is just track routing. There's no pins there yet. If you want to see the bus pins, install MPL's routing script and do ctrl + double click on a bus or machine in the routing window. It is something I am considering in the future, but it will be a while before I do this.
Quote:
5. I can of course get used to middle mouse drag and middle clicking; I only requested those options because they either conflict with my workflow (I use right click drag navigation in Reaper and several other programs), or with Reaper standards (alt click to delete/disconnect). In use, I'm finding it's very easy to accidentally delete things when I accidentally click the middle mouse while scrolling to zoom or middle-click-dragging the view. Undo is cool for this, except it restores the deleted machine to some other location, which is confusing. And since you can drag the view and delete them in the same motion, easy to miss.
Undo forgetting the position is fixed
But yeah, I should probably add customizable mappings in the future, like I did for Hackey Trackey. Could you based on the F1 menu, give me a full list of what'd make sense to you? So I can see how different mappings might fit together?
Quote:
6. Zoom is a bit slow. Any chance of some 2x or 4x options?
Zoom is now faster by default. There's also Pg Up and Pg Down to instantly zoom to two specific levels. Ctrl + Scrollwheel zooms slower.
Quote:
7. Some sort of grid snapping would help to keep things organized.
Added.
Quote:
8. Middle clicking the MASTER track crashes the script.
Fixed.
Quote:
9. An option to hide the wires altogether (except when hovering the cursor), could be helpful in organizing big projects, as they tend to be massive spiderwebs.
On the to-do list.
Quote:
10. If the machines could show the track color when displaying the track name, that would also be great for organization. Like, 50% opacity over the whole thing would be prolly be great. Or even just a full opacity bar or square indicator.
Good one. Still on the to-do list.
Quote:
11. Changing the level/pan volumes etc is very fast. Can it be less sensitive or fine-tune-able?
Yes! Added ctrl and shift modifiers to allow more precise movements (they stack).
Quote:
12. And as a final nitpick, I think the letters DEL would be more clear and obvious an abbreviation than REM.
Done
Quote:
Sorry if I'm being overwhelming with my enthusiasm and abundant suggestions... Thanks for hearing my them and providing this very exciting tool! I hope that even those unfamiliar with Buzz can also appreciate how cool it is to do routing this way. Maybe it looks crazy to the uninitiated, but for me it's like coming home. And more importantly, improved, as with this ability to see the signal flow!
Nah, it's cool. I appreciate the enthusiasm.

I won't have much time to code on these projects in the coming few weeks, but don't think the project is dead after that, I will return to it!