View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 01:51 AM   #25
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Well the Novation is always outputting MIDI, and Automap simply takes that MIDI and maps it to different MIDI configurations, if you want to switch between multiple setups on the fly. I like that because I have all the controls labeled differently whether I'm controlling amp sims, synths, EQ, or just Reaper.

It's funny because I was sold on all that auto-plugin crap when I first saw it, but it's not the simple affair they say it is and leaves a lot to be desired. After years of having this thing and regarding it a waste of money, I finally took the time to set it up manually and now I love it and use it constantly.

In any case, APOT is a "display type" for CC on my Novation (always displays 0 when turned). It's also the only way that inc/dec mode works correctly in Automap.

So how do I change the sensitivity of each control in Automap? I thought there was only the global "encoder acceleration" setting.
Yes - agreed. I got so frustrated at times with the one plugin setup at a time!! Although this script works a bit like that - that was what was requested. I have the stripper script if I want multiple plugins mapped at same time.

I've not spotted APOT - just the usual NRPN RNPN or whatever...

Anyhoo - in Automap 4 (don't know what version these options go back to) - when you click an encoder to assign it to a parameter - there are tabs at the bottom. First tab sets the parameter, the third tab (I think) - is 'Range' where you specify start values/end values and increment steps. Simply increase the number of steps and it makes it more sensitive, reduce the number of steps to make it less sensitive (going from recent memory).
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote