View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 08:53 AM   #72
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

The rule is to use what you like, and if that's Windows 10, then use that. I stopped liking Microsoft after their many aggressive and extremely invasive attempts to force me into Windows 10.

Microsoft would figure out that people were blocking their unauthorized installation of Windows 10 and then they would circumvent that method of blocking it. That was the case with them changing the Win10 install from a "Recommended Update" to an "Important Update" or if you had disabled GWX.exe from being installed via KB3035583, then they later include it anyway in another one. One of the final straws for me was when one of my machines got an unwanted Microsoft update containing the Win10 payload and the popup dialog box only offered an "Install this shit now" or "Install this shit later", but no option for "Don't install this shit".

The more ways that they tried to force Windows 10 on me, the more they pushed me into switching every computer in the house (seven currently) to Linux.

Edit: I had forgotten that clicking the "X" behavior was also changed.

"But here’s the icky part: The redesigned GWX pop-up now treats exiting the window as consent for the Windows 10 upgrade."

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3073...upgrading.html

Last edited by Glennbo; 08-23-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote