View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 02:23 AM   #16
The Bunker
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cretaceous View Post
As an experiment isn't it worth trying a regular install of a test VST3 item to the default VST3 directory on the laptop?
You can spend a lot of time trying to track down why something is not working - a pragmatic approach is less stressful.
Hey, really appreciate you trying to help out but I feel like I am either not explaining myself properly or you are not reading my posts correctly. As mentioned already, the laptop recognises the VST3 wherever I put them. It's fine. It works correctly with no problem.

HOWEVER it is the computer which does NOT SEE VST3 plugins AT ALL no matter where i put them and yes that includes in the default folder and yes DID install them in the default (because that is THE ONLY PLACE you CAN install them and REAPER still doesn't see them. It simply WILL NOT recognise VST3.

Forget everything I said about moving files. I can see that is causing some confusion... my problem is one of my computers (the laptop) is seeing VST3 plugins while my other computer (the desktop PC) is not seeing VST3 plugins.

Anyone know why this might be? Or how I could begin to troubleshoot this?
The Bunker is offline   Reply With Quote