View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 01:24 PM   #6
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
I'm getting a constant audible hiss/scratchy sound that isn't affected by the monitor volume on the interface. This gets louder when I mouse over anything, or if windows open/close.

Anyone here have success getting rid of this noise?
ey-yep,i have experienced exactly the same thing-but in that case it was onboard realtek soundcard shipped with pc board..it can easily be recorded if amplified itb..horrible to say the least!! ugh
and yes,it's basically amplifying your mouse x+y coodinates..plus the open closing of windows--i guess each process produces internal volgates,which then is getting feedback or bleeding back into the audio stream... at least on windows systems because it's happened on last 2 systems i've used.. xp+win10pro.

not finding a suitable fix for it-that onboard interfacing simply never gets used since 1st reconition of this noise--levels were rediculously high-basically worse than 16 bit qaulity=no..unusable for me tbh.
seem to remember this pc board having a unique noise supression switch,may be wrong and not looked sinced installed tbh..

it seems to also be related to powered monitor (possibly vga or hdmi) on/offs-signal becomming much cleaner with off-obviously this is running connected to a multisocket electric board-so no ground loops should really be occurring,but, sadly they do!
maybe seperated device hz phase incoherance related?? =dunno.
i do not notice this in 2x emu 0404..noise floor of around -132db.no issues-ever.rock solid.
mic inputs on usb make noise as well on some of these new devices-not fully tested some 4 interfaces i could,to cross refence the differences tbh.
i figure all are producing fields-magnetic fields-which cause interferences in the ether.. net >?

Quote:
or a change in the BIOS settings.
hmm-care to share that info? it might be a more permanent fix> ?
some type of noise suppression mode you mean?

Last edited by Bri1; 06-16-2019 at 02:01 PM. Reason: reely kant spel wel! typdoh
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote