View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 05:19 AM   #3
mpl
Human being with feelings

SWS is C++ which I only started to learn, unfortunately. Yep, i guess it is next stage of getting work things I dream about (full mouse control, get/send OSC from script level, working with base64 etc until all of this currently not supported natively because of different reasons)

Good thing is SWS positioning itself this way:
Quote:
The SWS / S&M extension is a collection of features that seamlessly integrate into REAPER
I mean, this not says "SWS is C++ only" and it could contains scripts also.

I already talked with X-Raym about common scripts library, but we haven`t actually some kind of friendship beetween scripters as SWS have (because of donation reasons maybe). If spk77, HeDa, X-Raym, airon and you maybe say "Yes, we want to be a part a big thing", I could create a repo of our scripts in GitHub and give username/password to all of you guys (to give you possibility to edit your part of repo as you want + maybe create related thread in forum as SWS have + links for donation for each member + links to source repos or reaper stash links), so we will have awesome scripts library which can be a new SWS part if it will be OK for SWS developers OR to be a new "extension" (not C++, wide meaning), which I found better and more logical and independent than if it was part of SWS.

Quote:
I suppose if a script exists to do something, it doesn't need to be added natively.
Yes, if you know where to search. Imagine if every part of SWS was scattered across Internet. I guess, even cool things wouldn`t be popular like today. I didn`t mean to add it natively, but as a script (also editable as JS), sorry for bad explanation.

And I guess, Notation editor is schwa Lua script? If so, why not add at least simple scripts for learning basic things and for quick overview what scripts can do actions can't. This could be itemfft.lua from lol, some of X-Raym scripts etc. As Breeder says somethere (and I totally agree with him), scripts is future of Reaper. It is quickly editable, easy to learn, easy to build something from scratch even without closing Reaper and opening external editor.

So, I think, we must create a collaboration at least to have all we did in one place. Because if we will not, other people will do that, and I`m not sure it will looks good. I already saw these thoughts on russian forum and private talks with reaper users.

Last edited by mpl; 11-22-2015 at 10:55 AM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote