View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 12:14 AM   #5
trgeoff
Human being with feelings

Yes, twas the game browser filtering that didnt work, will retry again soon.

I posted on LG a little while back now, and there have been 10 new wifight regos since, dont now if thats just a coincidence or not - there were no replies to my post itself. The new nicks dont seem to be really typical (ie slightly more conservative) LG ones, but maybe Im judging that by the nicks of people who post, rather than by the huge user base.

I bought a reversi set and have played one game of chain reaction reversi, it seemed to go pretty well I thought. Its pretty exciting - as one might expect, a single coin placement can cause a massive reversal in fortune!

Ive got a feeling though that one would have to be able to specify some rules for the sequence of flips, because there may be different pathways that lead to different outcomes. For example, one might need to specify that the first thing that happens is that the comp flips all the coins that one would get flipped according to the normal rules. Then, proceed to "secondary" and "tertiary" flipping. Ill need to experiment a bit more. I need to work out some marking system -its gets pretty tricky when you end up reversing about half the coins on a fairly full board!

If I get lazy or confused I could always just put it up as a question on the LG forums. A lot of LG posters are maths geniuses and game inventors who could probably nut out its feasibility in a matter of minutes.

good luck w 1.02!

cheers

geoff