View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 11:38 AM   #374
Phazma
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
Hi mpl,

I use your script 'Add send to selected tracks' a lot. Is it possible to set up that the new receive track does not appear at the bottom of the track list but right below the send track?
Also can I somehow disable that it prompts me to add a prefix* and suffix* for the new track? I would prefer it just creating the receive track with the same name as the send track (or maybe something generic like "Send 1").. if not possible I could also live with it just asking for a prefix as I probably will rename it anyway but I see no point in adding a suffix.

* Am I right that prefix/suffix has no function other than naming the track?
For those who are interested in the same changes... I know nothing about scripting but out of curiosity I opened the script to see if I might understand something and try to mess with it. And I actually managed to get rid of the prefix and suffix prompts and even to name the receive after the send track.

What I did was simply deleting the following lines:
local retval, pref = reaper.GetUserInputs( 'Set send prefix', 1, '' ,'')
local retval1, suff = reaper.GetUserInputs( 'Set send suffix', 1, '' ,'')
if retval or retval1 then

If you want to name your track after the sending track go to the line where it says
new_name =
and delete everything that follows on that line and just leave src_name without any . or '

If instead you want to give all receives you create a predefined name like for example "Receive" just write 'Receive' after the =

What I tried but didn't manage to do is make it call the new track "Receive src_track" (src_track being the name of the sending track).

Sadly I didn't manage to have Reaper insert the receive directly under the send, looks like that already involves some knowledge about lua.

Ultimately I repeat: I know NOTHING about scripting, so if you try what I have described do it AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote