View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #61
airon
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404NotFound View Post
IIRC OMF doesn't allow files larger than 2GB by design - or was it just a limitation of some OMF-aware applications? Anyway I have yet to find a platform-independent way to access data behind the 2GB point on 32bit systems. Unix supports it natively, VC++ 6 doesn't.
This limit has to be circumvented even today. In cases where our OMF files are larger than 2 GB, we just create two OMFs. One with half the tracks and the other for the rest.

This is why Reaper is a bit more fiddly than others because you cannot import tracks of another sessions in your own without having to open that session first, then copying the tracks from another instance or project tab of Reaper. The developers may do well to study the import dialogs for session data in other apps, such as Nuendo, DP, Protools and even Logic perhaps.

404, the shots could help you extend and refine your plugin in any case. Can anyone provide screenshots of the DP and Logic import dialogs for session data ? Some of us have Nuendo, so you folks get a screenshot going there. There are some PT (HD or LE+DVToolkit) users here too. Sadly I'm not one of those right now, as I'm working at home on LE without the Digitranslator app.

Last edited by airon; 03-16-2009 at 08:57 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote