View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 04:13 PM   #3
Reaper25
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futur8me View Post
You really need to tell us what the specs of your Mac are.., put it in your sig like I have.., and what type of plugins are you using..?, plugins use cpu.., so maybe your cpu is not powerful enough???.

2015 MacBook Pro, 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, Macintosh HD startup disk.

The audio interface I use doesn't matter cos I don't record with plugins or even have it connected to my macbook, only mix with after. I will start doing that though, and gonna upgrade my Boss BR-800 USB to probs a Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt.

Theres a few plugins that defo can be more draining than others, I think on the last project, I copy and pasted the FX chain on a few different tracks to double track certain parts and the plugin that is screwing up there is Harmonic Adder by Anarchy Effects (amazing free plugins by them btw). But theres projects with so many plugins that it actually take a ridiculous amount of time to find which one and even if I do I dont want to not use them, I got that sound from that plugin so I want to use it.

To update: I increased the media buffer size to its max which is 6000 and the block size to 1024, and it helps SLIGHTLY but the projects still lag heavily. Should I just upgrade my MacBook? If so, what part of my Mac should I upgrade and will an Apple store do that for me? I'll upgrade to 16GB RAM, but what should I do with the CPU's?

Last edited by Reaper25; 10-25-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Reaper25 is offline   Reply With Quote