View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 06:14 AM   #116
Schprocket
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remixer View Post
oops... I'd left the edit window open whilst you were replying (please see previous post)

the bluetooth is in action as I type

actually this installation is one of the best examples of what makes linux great - if bluetooth wasn't already installed in an MS OS by default, it'd require a reboot before anything could happen.
The only reboot required for linux was for my brain...

Quote:
For a moment I can't test the distro with any multichannel card. Try different setups in Root Jack Ctl or try to find a solution searching the web.

No probs, mate, I'll report back when I find something... it is a linux + hardware-related issue, not the OS.
The only bugger is not having the cans selectable but I do have a few other hardware options for headphone monitoring (FW i/face and an on-board soundcard).

I know I should be able to do this as it's a matter of routing (in OSX I can create what's called an aggregate device which takes the pain out of the set-up), it's not knowing how to do this that's frustrating...

I've been busy adding a little weight to Remixer in the way of apps that I prefer to use cross-platform to save me rebooting into the other OSes - OpenOffice, Chrome (was a little twitchy at first), Transmission, and an Ardour-like audio app.

Are there any plans to add an English language section to the Remixer forum?
I tried to read a page using Google Translate but the literal translations were a little difficult to follow because the syntax is kind of messed up and when people speak 'everyday' language, it's even more messed up.
Mind you, some of the translations Google made were unintentionally quite funny in English...

Last edited by Schprocket; 05-22-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Schprocket is offline   Reply With Quote